[elky] Re: Monte For Sale (not mine)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 07:15:09 -0600

Ya mean like the 80 Elky that I don't have anymore?

There's one Elky that holds a record in the AA/BGC class.  It's real fast.

On 10/28/2010 11:45 AM, Chris Lindh wrote:
What about an '80 El Camino? I guess it's a little boxy for a land speed record...

    We also talked about the salt flats.  Some of the discussion
    centered around what class I'd run the Monte in.  With the motor
    that's in it, I'd be in the "B" motor class.  I wasn't sure what
    body style class I'd be in.  I also wondered about the "Classic"
    category.  Afterward, I looked into the SCTA rules and found that
    if I could get an 78-81 Monte Carlo and put its body on my frame,
    use my nose and spoiler and build a race car setup inside (8-point
    cage, fire suppression, scattershield built into the floor and
    along the driveshaft tunnel, etc) I could run it in *Classic*
    Coupe, Competition Coupe or Altered.  As it is, the 85 is too new
    to compete in Classic.  I wouldn't be competitive for a record
    until it got into some real rarefied territory.