[elky] Re: Fwd: Chevy heads 305 HO fresh 416 - $50 (McHenry)

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 08:33:09 -0500

Do a Google search for: 305 heads 350, then sort your results to the
last year (or so) on the left side.  305 heads have small valves and a
poor chamber design.  The problem is the only budget heads I'm aware
of are Vortecs, and you have to replace your intake manifold, so they
become less of a budget choice.

Aluminum heads have come way down, $580 shipped according to a quick
search... I may be able to source a pair for less.

I would suggest calling local machine shops.  Many times they will
have heads customers had rebuilt but never paid for.  This is how I
got my 400 block.