[elky] Re: Fwd: Chevy heads 305 HO fresh 416 - $50 (McHenry)

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:16:29 -0800

dipsticks crossed.
Just found these for the monte. The heads that are on there are shot and I have coolant and oil leaks. It takes a couple minutes every start to let the oil burn off and the smoke ti clear because if the bad valve guides. Should work fine for less than a valve job on mine.
J C

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

 CST
*To:* John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>>
*Subject:* *Re: Chevy heads 305 HO fresh 416 - $50 (McHenry)*

Hey there,
These heads are pre-vortech so the do not have angled bolts. They have perimeter valve cover bolts. They are fresh and ready to run other than needing a quick surfacing. all components are new. If you have flat top pistons in your motor now, your compression is going to be really high though. You say its older. if its mid 70's to early 80's you may have slightly dished pistons which will give you about 10:1 compression. I also have an intake if youre interested.

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:12 AM, John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have an older style 4 bolt 350 block (1 piece rear main seal,
    perimeter valve cover bolts) in my 1987 Monte SS. Someone before
    me swapped this older engine in, but the heads are tired and
    smoking on start up. If these heads will fit, I would like them.

    Are the middle intake bolt holes the same angle as the outside
    ones on these heads? or are they the 110* angle bolts? Center
    bolt valve covers?

    I am off on Saturday and I come and get them. I live in Saint
    Charles. What is your address?