[duxuser] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:19:13 -0000

Hi,

Your question is rather vague, but I will try to provide some guidance.

If you wish to "emboss" a web page, you first need to extract the actual
textual content from the HTML code.  That is to say the "words", since
embossing graphics is an entirely different topic, and a difficult one.

Once you have a text only file, you can in theory send that to the
embosser, given that you set your embosser up as a "Generic/Text Only"
printer in Windows.

But that will only give you what we refer to as "Computer Braille",
which the majority of braille readers might find rather strange.

However, if you use the Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT), you can in
many cases simply import the HTML file to DBT, then translate into Grade
1 or Grade 2 braille, and emboss.

DBT's HTML import filters are reasonable, though not perfect, especially
with the poace at which HTML is evolving.  However they are being
improved for future releases of DBT.

George Bell
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd