[duxuser] Re: DBT 10,5 and JAWS Scripts

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:03:09 -0700

MessageHi Caryn,

Would you please post it to this list when you find out what is going on?

I'm using JAWS 5.1 with Duxbury 10.5 as well.  On entering the program, JAWS
moves the mouse pointer to the top left corner of the screen, just under the
File menu.  Then, when I read each line, JAWS reads it, then tells me the
status line.  Each time I press down arrow, this happens.  I went into Windows
Explorer and renamed the JAWS files related to Duxbury, and the problem is
gone.  For example, I renamed dbtw.jss to olddbtw.jss, and so on.  With those
files renamed, I can press up and down arrow and hear the line read.  I just
cannot hear the status line or the translated line.  Does that make sense?

Thanks for all your help.

Francis