[duxuser] Re: DBT 10,5 and JAWS Scripts

  • From: "Caryn Navy" <caryn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:48:36 -0400

MessageHello again Caroline.  Thanks very much for the additional
information.  Now I'm wondering if the problem might come not from the
script functions for the DownArrow and UpArrow keys as I thought earlier,
but from JAWS' having a hard time with locating the cursor.  Do you hear the
proper text when you use other keyboard commands, such as hearing the
current line when you press Insert+UpArrow?

I'd like to see if I can re-create the problem on my system.  Some things
that might be making a difference between your system and mine are the
default configuration settings (in the file default.jcf in the JAWS
settings\enu subfolder) and the font size in the DBT Global settings.

By the way, thanks for the correction about the command for reading the
status line.  I meant to say Insert+PageDown.
Alt+9 is the keystroke for reading the current location.  But I should
clarify that it works only when you are in formatted view.

Please contact me off the list and let me know the best way to contact you
for a troubleshooting session.

thanks again,
Caryn

Caryn Navy