[duxuser] Re: DBT 10,5 and JAWS Scripts

  • From: "Caryn Navy" <caryn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:56:14 -0400

MessageHello Caroline.

When you use the Up or Down arrow key in a braille document, the JAWS script
file is telling JAWS to speak the translated line, which is one line above
the status line (after turning it on if necessary).  The script file seems
to be giving JAWS the wrong position for the translated line on your system.
I'd like to troubleshoot to find out why this is happening.  But I also want
to give you a solution.

so first, here's the work-around solution.  From DBT, press Insert+F2 K
<Enter> to launch the JAWS Keyboard manager.  In the list of applications,
on DBTW, press Tab to get to the list of key assignments.  DownArrow to the
SayNextLineOfText item and press the Delete key.  The Keyboard manager asks
if you really want to modify dbtw.jkm.  Push the Yes button.  DownArrow more
to get to the SayPriorLineOfText item, again press the Delete key, and push
the Yes button.  If you have trouble making this change, send me a message
off the list and I'll send you a modified copy of dbtw.jkm.

Now, for troubleshooting purposes, what do you hear if you press Alt+7 (with
7 on the top number row)?  You are supposed to hear the translated line.
Are you hearing the status line instead?  What do you hear when you press
Insert+DownArrow?  You are supposed to hear the status line.  Are you
hearing a scroll bar line instead?

Thanks for your help,
Caryn

Caryn Navy