[duxuser] Re: DBT 10,5 and JAWS Scripts

  • From: "Caroline Congdon" <carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:49:08 -0500

Karen, first, I'm actually not even in a translated braille file when I get
the status line information.  this is happening even is a standard DXP file.
So, the message that I'm getting first gives me the style, for example Para.
Next it reads me the page number, and then says line, as if it's going to
report the line number.  That's where it stops.  When I press alt-7 it
definitely does read the translated line, so that seems to be working
correctly.  As for Insert-Down Arrow, that's the say all command, and that's
what it does.  If you meant Alt-Down Arrow, that moves me forward 1 sentence
at a time.  I've been using Insert-3 on the numpad to get the status line,
and what I'm hearing is (for example) "Current Style Para, Page 1 line 36
column 8 keys 1, scroll Down Arrow."  I looked at the help information and
see that it says status line should be Alt-9.  When I press that command I
hear it start to say line, and then it says "scroll left symbol scroll right
symbol".  Not sure if this is the information you're looking for but if you
have any other questions please let me know.  In the mean time, I'll go
modify the JKM file.  Thanks for the work-around.

Caroline