[duxhelp] Re: ELEKUL 55

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:21:27 -0400

Dear Phillipe,

Changing the number of characters per line, and number of lines per page, is
quite possible in DBT.  What has not been so simple with an Interpoint 55 is
changing the cut point, or paper width.  To allow for this, we are having to
add new forms definitions.

One thing that we have not explicitly thought about is printing recto or
verso.  We have thought only about printing one-side or two-sides.  But,
when printing one-side, DBT doesn't offer a convenient way to choose which
side.

You can do this from DBT, but it will require expanding the list of
available forms a bit; or we will have to expand our thinking a little.

I favor adding the feature to DBT, if possible, because it will allow us to
do the same thing for many embossers.

                De:     duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Peter Sullivan
                Date:   mercredi 26 mai 2004 16:42
                À:      duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Objet:  [duxhelp] Re: ELEKUL 55

                Hello Phillipe,

                David and I went over your earlier message, and we believe
we know how to
                address the problem.

                It appears that you wish to work with narrow paper, whereas
Interpoint 55
                support in newest DBT beta builds works only with wider
paper, if at all.

                David is currently working to add new forms definitions so
that you can try
                again.

                The .INI file differences in your message are not related to
this problem.
                I must admit that I don't know why embossing with the
earlier build would be
                satisfactory; we had generally been told that this wouldn't
work.