[duxhelp] Re: ELEKUL 55

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:59:10 +0100

Hi Phillipe,

I'm delighted to tell you that late today one of
the major braille producers in the UK has
succeeded in getting one of their Interpoint 55
embossers working directly off a PC running
Windows 2000, and another PC with Windows XP.  At
this time, it is connected Serial, and uses the
Generic/text Only Windows printer driver.

They have embossed an entire volume, and it
appears to be embossing as expected.

Communicating with the Interpoint 55 has also been
a major worry to be, as we have at least 8, that I
know of, here in the U.K.

So raise a glass to the guys in Westford,
Massachusetts, over dinner tonight, and raise
another towards the U.K. for the persistence of
the user.

Enjoy the test of your holiday.

George Bell.

Of Peter Sullivan
> Sent: 12 August 2004 19:53
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: ELEKUL 55
>
> Hello Phillipe,
>
> Enjoy yourself!
>
> We are confident that, as of now, if any issues
remain with
> DBT's support for the Interpoint 55, we will be
able to fix
> them without rebuilding DBT itself.
>
> We will almost certainly have released DBT 10.5
by the time
> you return from holiday.  If you return to find
that things
> still aren't working to your satisfaction, we
should be able
> to fix it with just a few e-mails back and
forth.  Your
> insistence that we look at the build from last
July provided
> a valuable clue.  The code is much different
now, but we
> could still see what had been customized in the
July 2003
> build in order to communicate properly with the
Interpoint 55.

> Best Regards,
>
> Peter

Of vandenbrande
> Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 2:22 PM
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: ELEKUL 55
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> I'm just on holliday. I'm come back 2004-09-23:
Phil's, The Return!
> Thanks for your's attentions.
>
> Philippe

expected.  A build
> that I hope
> > we will post today should fix both formatting
and communications
> > issues with the ELEKUL Interpoint 55.  We are
eager to have another
> > try at getting
> this
> > right.
> >
> > - Peter
> >
> > * * *
> > * This message is via list duxhelp at
freelists.org.
<duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also
> > * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation
mode and other
//www.freelists.org.  The list archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com