[drivingpairs] Re: Tandem

  • From: KNowak5170@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:02:42 EST

In a message dated 1/28/2006 11:48:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jhubert@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Sounds like you have a good start, Karen.  I also highly recommend Mary
> Ruth
> Marks' book

Thanks Jay.  I have printed the page out and will send that order out Monday.

<< BTW, the sequence of hitching is very important.  The leader's traces
should
NEVER be attached until the driver is fully in control of the reins and is
comfortably settled on the box.

I am thinking of using my 30 yr old retired HH as the leader at first so I
can get myself organized and comfortable with the reins.  He is very sensible
and wise plus we have that special communication with each other from so many
years of riding and driving.  He misses driving (stares longingly over the
fence
when I drive the others) so I think would find this a hoot.  And if anyone
can keep us out of trouble, he can <VBG>.
Karen