[drivingpairs] Re: Tandem

  • From: Jane Moody <janemoody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:31:04 -0800 (PST)

We had an interesting experience last weekend.  We attended an ADT with Scooby
and Concho, the Shetlands my club calls the tiny tandem.  I think my leader
either had Spring Fever or a headache.  He was definitely not his forward self.
 I can tell you that doing a dressage test with a lazy leader is a bit like
pushing a cooked spaghetti noodle thru the test.   I tried some tight turns in
obstacle that probably didn?t pay off, and although we had no balls down in
cones, we did have a bunch of time penalties.

  On the bright side, the things we had been working on, good halts and smooth
transitions, were much better than the last time out.   I have to say that even
a poor showing in tandem is much more fun than anything else I can think of.
When the ponies go really well, I don?t learn nearly as much.

  Jane Moody