[ddots-l] Re: Sonar Help

  • From: "Billy Ray Legendary" <legendary1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:14:01 -0700

This is just an outside possibility. I would suggest that you take a look in your Jaws configuration manager in the keyboard options section. In other words, go to the configuration manager, pull up your options menu, and hit enter on the keyboard options.

Under the general tab, you will find a checkbox labeled "Differentiate between numb pad and extended keys," or something to that effect. If this checkbox is checked, the numb pad keys and the inverted T keys will act independently of each other. In other words, they will have different functions and will not be able to be used to perform the same tasks by choosing either set of keys.

This might affect how your inverted T keys function within some applications. For instance, in some cases, the inverted T keys might not perform a function as described by someone else, because their keys may be configured to act the same as the numb pad, while yours might not be configured to do so.

Go take a look at this checkbox. If it is unchecked, then check it, save your changes with control S, and go give it a try. If it does nothing, then obviously, that was not the problem. In that case, go back to your configuration manager to the keyboard options section, uncheck the box again, save your changes with control S, and you are back to square one.

It may not work, but it is a thought. I have changed my settings, because of using the JLS utilities that Jim Snowbarger has written, and it has made a difference in my keyboard's performance in some applications. No, it does not limit my function, but does change the way I must do things sometimes.

   Good luck!

Billy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Topdog" <topdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>