[softwarelist] Re: Pictures referenced to ADFS::

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:17:07 -0000

Hello, All,

Many thanks for your helpful suggestions. After a bit of experimenting with StrongED, it looks like the simplest way forward is to "superzap" the binary OvnPro documents - i.e. replace the "ADFS::HardDisc4.$." with an equal length string " <spaces> HD4:". OvationPro is perfectly happy with the leading spaces (hurrah for OvationPro!).

I should add that the documents are scattered over a multitude of folders and the pictures concerned are of the global type (e.g. logos that appear all over the documents) so cannot simply be referenced locally/relatively. I don't generally bother referencing pictures that only appear in one place in one document.

I think that a quick C program to search for Ovation documents and do the
necessary editing is likely to be my approach.

Thanks & regards
John Grogan