[softwarelist] Re: Pictures referenced to ADFS::

  • From: andy.ling@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:56:34 +0000

David Pilling wrote on 18/11/2010 12:37:27:

> Then you come to things like using a search and replace program on the
> documents and cleverly changing ADFS::$ to <XX$XX> i.e. a string the
> same length.
>
> Perhaps someone can tell me if there is a program that changes binary
> files and can be launched from the command line.

You could always use the hexedit mode of emacs. Write a little bit
of lisp to do the search and replace and give that and a list
of files to emacs as a command line call.

I'm sure there must be an easier way though.

Andy Ling

--

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.
Registration No: 4004913
Contact details for all Quantel Offices and Companies can be found on our
website www.quantel.com or by writing to the holding company.
Registered address: Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NX, United
Kingdom