[softwarelist] Re: OvPro Line borders

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:39:10 +0000 (GMT)

In article <53ae0e7ce4dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <48zVXuAwrejSFwvX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,

> > In message <53ae081e57dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> > <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> > >Line 1 0xEEEEEEEE 0x1400 0x0
> > > I need to make the lines thinner for her (0.25mm) but I have no dea
> > >how to make a .7086614117 points convert into whatever the 00x1400
> > >notation is.

> > Line width is in 1000ths of points so multiply 0.7086 by 1000, get
> > 709, convert to hex if you like 709- > 0x2c5

> That does indeedy do the business.

> Thanks
> Dave

Another question arises...
Is there something in Ov Pro that limits how small a line can be (Aside
from the resolution capabilities of the printer)?

It appears from my printing out of the resulting frames, that 0.25... is
the thinnest OvPro will print, whereas Imp Publisher (She uses not me) has
a similar frame and prints an even thinner line.

I've tried 0.10 and 0.05 calculated and converted to Hex, but the thin
line remains the same in the printout as it was for the 0.25

Both the OvPro and Publisher documents are printed to the same HPLJ
printer using the same HP driver settings.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid