[softwarelist] Re: OvPro Line borders

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:33:09 +0000 (GMT)

In article <oAxR4CD4AijSFwOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> I've been misleading you...

> The value in the borders text file is the pattern size, not the line
> width.

> The border width is set from the border dialogue box. There is a menu,
> and if that does not have the value you desire on it, you can enter one
> in a writable.

I don't think thou hast been misleading me Mr P...

Yes the border width as a whole is set from the border dialogue box, and
that's okay.

We are discussing a different game and place...
Inside "!OvnPro.!OvnResDir.Borders" there is a text file called (Wait for
it...) !Borders.
A border definition file in textural form, rather than the old Publisher
Borders out of Drawfiles.

The line from it I noted earlier was:

Line 1 0xEEEEEEEE 0x1400 0x0

According to the Manual page 272.

That is...

Line 1  0xEEEEEEEE  0x1400   0x0

Where:
n        Is the number of the line style
pattern. Is the pattern that defines the line pattern.
size     Is the size in 1/1000pt at which the pattern is plotted

Join     Is the corner join style.
0  Mitre
1  Round
2  Bevelled.

Changing the <size> in hex from 0x1400 to 0x2c50  does indeed change the
minimum size of the line, which can grow depending on the size of the
border in the external border dialogue box.

I suppose it's possible I'm suffering an illusion, who knows, well you
would of course...

Thanks
Dave

--