[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:38:15 +0300

David Pilling wrote:

You're the users, it is fair to point out my current feelings. We can go on as for the last two years - in maintenance mode, keeping the program working as RISC OS and Windows evolve. Or someone can come up with a better idea.

For RiscOS and Windows ... if David does not have the time or inclination to continue development (vs maintenance), would he consider handing on the baton to others? And are there others who would be willing to pick it up?

For commercial success ... interest Apple or Google in bundling a version with their respective operating systems - prospective in Google's case (for the sounding out purposes, I presume it's not critical there aren't currently versions for either OS ...?).
--
C.B.