[softwarelist] Re: Nested lists

  • From: Andy.Ling@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:23:21 +0100

> >> Or these auto numbering things are hard to grasp.
> >

> >OK, I've had a bit more of a play after reading the manual :-) and
> discovered
> >paragraph level numbering. This seems to help, but my simple example
> from before
> >still seems wrong.
>
> Actually I think that is exactly what I would expect!

Fair enough, but would you expect switching auto number on
then off on the blank line to change the result?

I think there is still something a little dodgy in there, but
I can now work around it.

> The numbering is one of the 'advanced' features of OvationPro which I
> took some time to get used to but which I think works well!

Yes, you are right. It's ages since I've used it and I'd forgotten
all the clever bits in there.

> The key to making this facility work is to use the numbering level - the
> default is level zero (I think) for the advanced features you need to
> ignore level 0.

You've hit the nail on the head there ;-)

> The top level should be para level 1 (first paragraph etc) would be
> numbered '1', '2',
> The next level should be para level 2 (first sub paragraph etc) would be
> 'a', 'b'.
> Then the fourth para should be para level 1 again and that should be '4'
> as expected.

Yes, that works a treat. I should have read a bit more of the manual
before shouting.

Thanks for your input.

Andy Ling