[softwarelist] Nested lists

  • From: Andy.Ling@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:56:44 +0100

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but what I am trying
to do is generate something that looks a bit like :-

1.  First paragraph
2.  Second paragraph
    a. first sub paragraph
    b. second sub paragraph
3.  Third paragraph
4.  Fourth paragraph

I can apply an auto insert format to the 1st and 2nd paragraphs and the
3rd
and 4th with a new starting number and that works, but as soon as I
try and apply one to the sub paragraphs, things go wrong. The only way
I can make it work is to put a blank after the 2nd paragraph and another
after the 2nd sub paragraph and turn off the auto insert for those
two lines.

I can then make it look like the above by setting a negative space
above on the blank lines, but it seems a bit of a kludge.

There doesn't seem to be a way of "restarting" the auto numbering
without having a line with auto numbering turned off.

Any thoughts?

Andy Ling