[softwarelist] Re: Nested lists

  • From: "Michael Hunter" <michael.hunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:46:23 +0100

>> Or these auto numbering things are hard to grasp.
>

>OK, I've had a bit more of a play after reading the manual :-) and
discovered
>paragraph level numbering. This seems to help, but my simple example
from before
>still seems wrong.

Actually I think that is exactly what I would expect!

The numbering is one of the 'advanced' features of OvationPro which I
took some time to get used to but which I think works well! I use the
facility regularly for producing minutes reports etc. (I'm not able to
test this out where I am now so I may not quite describe it correctly.)

The key to making this facility work is to use the numbering level - the
default is level zero (I think) for the advanced features you need to
ignore level 0.

The top level should be para level 1 (first paragraph etc) would be
numbered '1', '2',
The next level should be para level 2 (first sub paragraph etc) would be
'a', 'b'.
Then the fourth para should be para level 1 again and that should be '4'
as expected.
If you went back to another set of sub paragraphs they would once again
start with 'a'

Michael
Michael Hunter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/