[softwarelist] Re: Printing Problem with OP 2.76 for RISC OS

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:25:12 +0100

In message of 1 Aug, Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip of a different printing problem>

> You can eliminate a lot of the uncertainty about where things have
> gone wrong by using David's SPrinter (sprite printer driver). Instead
> of sending the document to the printer, it creates a sprite that you
> can examine. You can download SPrinter from David's site.

In the past I could not get SPrinter to work, but having had rather a
difficult printing problem (solved by a round the houses use of GView) I
thought I would give SPrinter another try, as so many have said just
what Martin says.

However the printing pauses after generating a 43 Mbyte output file from
1.5 Mbyte input Draw file of A2 size.  The error message is:

  Can't open printer:

I have completely restarted the Iyonix after installing Sprinter.  I'm
using !Printers 1.72.  Normally I direct printer output to file with an
address for the printer server via LPR.  But for SPrinter I set it for
parallel output.

Any views about this error, anyone?

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx