[softwarelist] Re: Printing Problem with OP 2.76 for RISC OS

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 19:02:35 +0100

In message of 1 Aug, Peter Newble <mailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <7114a24f4e.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim Powys-Lybbe
> <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > . . . Normally I direct printer output to file with an address for
> > the printer server via LPR.  But for SPrinter I set it for parallel
> > output.
>
> To quote from the help file:
>
> > > Select printing to 'File' and enter a path of 'SPrinter:Printout'.

Oooops - I'm sure that bit of the help text was not there a couple
of hours back!  But it is now and all is now well, thanks.

And this clearly reveals a problem with !PDF and printing some files:
bits get left out, whereas GView does not leave them out.  Hence the
value of Sprinter.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/