[softwarelist] Re: missing info palette bug

  • From: Alan Adams <alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 21:20:58 +0100

In message <hpigoeARoOxEFwF4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,
>
> Someone posted a message (actually to the old mail list address so it
> never appeared hear) which described how to provoke the bug where the
> info palette appears to go missing.
>
> I pointed out it was to the wrong list address and they said "never mind
> you've got the information now".
>
> Alas with the recent XP episode I've lost that email - I lost all email
> back to the start of June.
>
> Given how many years the info pal. thing has been a problem I'm keen to
> get a copy of the email.
>
> So, if you're reading this, please can you let me have another copy?

It is triggered when OPro is unable to display a picture, either by
"File not found" or "Incomplete or corrupt JPEG data".

For example, put a sprite or jpeg file in the RAM disc, drop it from
there into a frame, and save. Delete the file from RAM. Open the
document. You now need to goto View (on the tiny visible portion of
the document) -> Pictures, and turn off picture viewing.

The file will now display, but the toolbar on the left hand side has
gone missing. I haven't found a way to get it back, exccept by fixing
the error, then restarting OPro.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx