[softwarelist] Re: Installing OvnPro on 64bit W8.1

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 12:01:15 +0100

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that, it is what I suspected, but I'm not a Windows expert. My feeling is that things have changed over the years - that on XP or you could have full admin rights.

So everyone, **if you have problems installing, use "run as administrator" nothing else will do**.

BTW out on the virtual server (Ubuntu 14.04), I can log in as root, and I have no need to do 'sudo' (Linux equivalent of "run as admin").

On 10/10/15 07:51, Martin Vethake wrote:

Am 09.10.2015 um 22:07 schrieb Andy Ling:
Have you tried logging as as a "normal" user and right clicking "Run as
Administrator"
rather than logging in as administrator?

Andy Ling

[snip]
BTW, the only way to grant full administrator-rights is to use "Run as
Administrator". Logging-in as Administrator is impossible in Windows as
it is in Linux. Setting a user as 'Administrator' in Windows _doesn't_
allow full admin-rights, this is by design and best practice (since ages).

Regards

www.davidpilling.com