[softwarelist] Re: Imposition signatures?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 11:32:31 +0100

Hi,

In message <Marcel-1.53-0528152113-1cbZSTv@xxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Hilton
<ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Is there any documentation on the imposition interface and the script
>commands available?

Yes it is documented in the OP script language manual. Page 76 onwards.

> Or would we have to start with the scripts in the
>imposition applet to work out what they're doing and proceed from there?

Of course looking at what has been done may help. Nick Kaijaks did an
enhanced print format - he is one of the few people to get their heads
around the complexities.

>Allow creep to cater for the fact that the trimmed pages in the centre of a
>section are slightly smaller than at the section ends.

I think maybe creep is allowed for in one format.

>Probably a prompt of how many blank pages will have to be added to the final
>signature.

and one of the things with booklet is a choice of how to handle the
blank pages.

>I'll have a go at the logic of what needs defining, what calculations are
>required to make the definition work, and start developing a flow chart.

 IF (asked to write imposition script) THEN
 PUT (fingers in ears)
 GOTO (door)
 RUN (away screaming)
 ENDIF