[softwarelist] Re: Imposition signatures?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:24:10 +0100

In message <Marcel-1.53-0524185726-b49ZSTv@xxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I use the imposit applet to produce booklet pairs most times I use Opro.

i.e. pamphlet printing

Now I want to work with 8-page signatures printed 4 pages per side of paper
so that when folded along the horizontal then vertical and trimmed the pages
are in the correct order and orientation. I have vague recollection of this
being discussed some time ago.

presumably the booklet print format is relevant here? The booklet format is actually contained in the imposition applet. ISTR pamphlet is part of the main app.

I'll attempt to illustrate the front and back of one sheet, each other sheet
successively adds 8 to the page numbers (sheet 2 is pages 9-16 etc).

The imposition interface to OP will allow a great many things to be done. The main problem is that actually writing scripts to produce any given format is difficult.

Even simple formats like pamphlet are difficult to grasp. Booklet printing has many more subtleties.

What was really needed was a stand alone editor that produces print format scripts.