[softwarelist] Re: Imposition signatures?

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 23:15:56 +0100

In message <4eecd5ca03john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 02 Jun, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Artworks has a bigger user base than Ovation Pro does.

> Only my opinion of course - but I don't believe that ArtWorks has a bigger
> user base than Ovation Pro *could* have. OPro has not been demonstrated at a
> show for very many years (ever?) whilst ArtWorks is brilliantly demonstrated
> at every show. I regularly encounter people still using Impression and some
> using TextEase. Some using EasiWriter find the additional need for a frame
> based DTP program. There are still new users to find.

> Even without an "If only ..." it would be possible to obtain new sales in
> addition to upsales. Whether it's worth it is an entirely different
> calculation.

Indeed as i parted with a wad of plastic cash to APDL for a copy of
OvationPro at Wakefield this year. Up to this date I had only ever
used Impression or the older Ovation as my DTP package. I just got to
the point where I felt that Impression X wasn't going to happen so why
stop someone i the RISCOS world getting the cash.

I do use and regularly update Easiwriter but find that a DTP type
programme is just easier sometimes to use for cards/leaflets etc.

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.