[softwarelist] Re: Imposition signatures?

  • From: John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:42:12 +0100

On 01 Jun, Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> These are yet more examples of RISC OS peopel living in Cloud Cuckoo
> Land.

Thankfully most people is this cloud-cuckoo land are still able to offer help
and criticism without being rude - and accept valid criticism in return. It's
up to David to assess what is best for him. My offer of £200 cash or £2000 to
advertise his products was an offer that will remain on the table. If David
produces that product then that's what I, as a single consumer, will pay for a
licence to use that upgarde to Ovation Pro. I hope that David would get
sufficient lots of £30, £50, or even £200 to make it worth his while - even if
it doesn't add up to the income of a full-time contract programmer.

I don't see that encouraging people is something that is so wrong. I don't
even believe that working at something you like, for people that appreciate
your work, has to be done at the highest profit. I may even destroy my
business image entirely by suggesting that I'd continue to produce Qercus into
my retirement even if it paid me not a bean. ;-)

--
        John Cartmell   john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820
        Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527         www.finnybank.com