[softwarelist] Re: Fonts again

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 18:19:38 +0000 (GMT)

In article <518eb8e811riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snippy]

> Another interesting thread. I sometimes receive magazine items (e.g.
> adverts) in .doc form with a font I don't have in RISC OS. I seek
> guidance, Dave, as to what effTTT is and what it does? Is it perhaps
> the holy grail of matching my fonts to Windows ones?

> Michael Harding

Michael, It's a RO application that will convert a TrueType font into a
RISC OS Font.

http://www.eff.co.uk/AcornSoft/index.htm

It's a paid for application, but there is a free tryout version.

Personally I've no use for it, but Fay, my dear wife, receives a lot of
documents from other OSs, and also writes and sends to other OSs so I'm
often called to convert something...

So, if you have access to a TrueType font and need it on your RO machine,
shove it throught !effTTT or get a friend to do it for you, and Bob's your
Uncle.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid