[softwarelist] Re: Fonts again

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:41:56 +0000 (GMT)

In article <ESwGhGBrqMHNFw2P@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> Are there by any chance different versions of FDP? (meaning are the
> problems due to bugs that have been fixed (or created))

A little confusion Mr P.
I'm talking about easyFont Pro.

> There was another font manager ISTR, wonder what happened to that.

You are probably thinging of that.

> Another idea, can you load fonts into Acorn's FontEd and then save them,
> maybe that would create something FDP likes more.

Now that's an interesting idea I'd not thought of trying.

The masochist returns.

Having done the deed through FontEd, and now added it to EFP, that part
went okay and EFP quits and loads okay, but unfortunately EFP has
truncated the name.

Rebooted the machine.

EFP still loads okay, but a couple of things are evident.

1) The newly added font does not show in any Font list (Other than in EFP
itself) and yes it is ticked ON in EFP.

2) I cannot use any of EFPs font tools on it, without it crashing EFP.

3) It cannot be Deleted from EFP, freezing the process and requiring an
Alt-Break to free, and then requiring the left open file to be manually
closed.

So that EFP has again to be dumped and a backup put in its place.

Put the font in question back in ...Resources.!Fonts and everything is
okay again.

> I think I have never had enough fonts to need a font manager, perhaps
> the facilities in OP would be better if I'd hit this problem.

The problem is not really an OvPro problem, if the fonts are available
OvPro will have a bash at using them.

Dave

The font I've been playing with is at:
http://www.triffid.co.uk/dstuff/Fonttest.zip

I am aware it has a limited character set.
D.

--

Dave Triffid