[softwarelist] Re: Fonts again

  • From: Tord <tord@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:21:54 -0500

Well, friends, not least David,

A Very Merry Xmas (I know a bit late, but you know, I worked, and you know,
time flies ...), and I wish you all an Extremely, Superbly, Happy New Year!

I use mainly Mac OS X nowadays, but of course it runs RiscOS as well :-)! The
RiscPC I used a lot some 15 years ago, was thrown away ages ago, and the Linux,
and Windows, laptops are seldom used!

I do still use a few X Windows apps, like GIMP, and occasionally fire up the
Risc-OS emulator, to enjoy Impression, and similar DTP programs (like David's
Ovation Pro), but mostly, nowadays, I'm a Mac man :-)!

My step-son introduced me to Linux, but we both (simultaneously, each on his
own, in separate parts of the world) switched to Mac OS X, and it has been
pretty smooth sailing! An occasional hard reset (less than one a year), and
some upgrades hasn't been as a success as one would have hoped, but on the
whole a revolution compared to Windows. Haven't tried Windows 7, but the rest
has been awful! Reinstallation of the OS is the norm, in the world of Windows,
which maybe happened once in the world of Linux and never, as yet, in the world
of OS X!

Winter has never been as cold as now, nor as long!

But having snow since early November is to me something I never have
experienced (I am 58+ by now), and we will have snow here for a few more months
as well :-)!

A HNY,

Tord