[softwarelist] Re: Fonts again

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 13:47:10 +0000

In message <A5FA03A4DD614C05A7C85E0E558D5E51@Shuttle>, Bruce Goatly <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

know that I've converted RO to PS in the past because my PC has some fonts on it

The RISC OS printer driver converts RISC OS fonts to PostScript.

Converting fonts to PostScript is not difficult, OP for Windows has to do it.

One route must be, print font to PostScript, find tool that extracts fonts from PostScript - this latter tool can be on Windows/Linux/Mac, so a lot of scope.

This subject has come up before. ISTR someone having a copy of of Dr. Fonty that does the job, and Dave Symes having a copy that won't. In other words looking at the list archives may help.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK