[softwarelist] Re: Fonts again

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 20:05:39 +0000 (GMT)

In article <518d5b8c2ccharles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <518d579546dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> I'm not a regular user of EFP - I use Font Dir Pro on my Iyonix.  Could
> your problem be due to putting the converted font in !Fonts first?  I
> wonder if something gets confused by the font being in a different place
> to where it used to be.  Try converting another font or one you done
> before and rename it.  Then put it straight into EFP.

That's what I used to do, put the fonts straight in to EFP but after a
previous session of EFP deaths, I now test in ...Resources Fonts.

I shouldn't make any difference, I remove the font, then usually reboot
the computer.

> The other simple question: have you contacted Dave Holden of APLD?

It would appear to be the polite thing to do, but there doesn't seem to be
much point these days, as in the recent past when I've posted him, usually
no reply.

Thanks for your thoughts Charles.

Dave

--