[softwarelist] Re: 32-bit OPro applets.

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:07:48 GMT

On 5 Nov 2014  Mik Towse <mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <14cf636154.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Peter Young  wrote:
>> On 4 Nov 2014  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snip]
>>> If the whole machine is stiffed, that is more difficult.
>>
>>> Usually bugs can be found. But at the moment, I'm thinking, what
>>> machine, which version of RISC OS, what else is running [1]
>> Yes, my problems only happen when I'm using two programs at the same
>> time. It happened this morning when I ran NetSurf while OPro was on
>> the icon bar.
> Is this ANY two or the same two?

It's usually OPro and NetSurf, but occasionally StrongMen crashes too,
but doesn't lock up the computer.

> When I read this my first thought was that you have a physical memory
> problem. Is the memory removable; can it be reseated/swapped around?

That's what I thought, which is why I asked if I had alignment
exceptions set correctly on this ARMini.

> Sorry, I don't know anything about the board, but I've had similar issues on
> a PC whose memory modules only worked together if they are installed in the
> 'right' order. Since Martin says things work on his m/c, it might be worth
> ruling out any hardware issues.

At least two other people, who are a lot cleverer that I am, have had
the same or similar problems, and an agreement is emerging that it's
something to do with OPro. As I'm sure you have seen, St David is
working on it.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--