[softwarelist] Re: 32-bit OPro applets.

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 12:26:45 +0000

Hi,

On 03/11/2014 07:14, Peter Young wrote:
This, and David's reply, are faintly depressing, I'm afraid. I must
look up what the ColSup applet does. As I very rarely use graphics in
OPro, would there be any harm in disabling it? I can always enable it
again if need be.

I've not said anything that I've not said before or is not obvious. Well defined bugs I can fix. Things that require a lot of work for small gain, or a lot of work where success is not guaranteed, I'm not going to do. In fact I can't do.

Yes you can turn off the colour supplement. Mostly it is concerned with professional publishing, printing separations and PostScript screening. Things which most people won't have ever used, and these days are probably of little importance to anyone.

But it does provide the image processing which is often useful.

The snag here is that if you don't use this applet it is unlikely that it is making your computer unstable.

www.davidpilling.com