[softwarelist] Re: 32-bit OPro applets.

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 18:12:44 +0000 (GMT)

In article <5c35e66154.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's caused a problem here! I've set NetSurf to "use OS" in
> Choices, and deleted Tinct, but when I try to run NS, it complains
> that it wants Tinct! I've had to restore the module.

Well, I assume if you set Netsurf to only use OS, then tinct will
never be called. You can also go in to the !Run file and comment out
the lines that load tinct.

The fact that you were using tinct before (I assume if you have only
now set the choices to use os only) *may* have caused some of your
problems. As far as I remember, tinct was thought to be the culprit
of a number of random problems in the early days of the BB. Since the
Netsurf developers have no access to the tinct source code, it is
unlikely to be fixed in the near future.

--
        Chris Johnson