[softwarelist] Re: 32-bit OPro applets.

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 22:34:05 +0000

On 5 Nov, Peter Young wrote in message
    <aaabee6154.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 5 Nov 2014  Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Well, I assume if you set Netsurf to only use OS, then tinct will never
> > be called. You can also go in to the !Run file and comment out the lines
> > that load tinct.
>
> Yes, I'll do that, as a trial, anyway. The problem is that I like to
> download a new development version of NetSurf pretty frequently, and each
> new version seems to have a newly time-stamped version of the !Run file.

It does, because the !Run file is recreated by the autobuilder for each new
build to take account of the potentially variable size of the !RunImage and
corresponding WimpSlot requirement.

> Is it worth the extra hassle, I wonder?

It seems unlikely, but I suppose there's no harm trying it.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/