[softwarelist] Re: 32-bit OPro applets

  • From: "Learning Partners" <lp.books@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 16:10:15 -0000 (UTC)

I have followed this discussion from the ARMini list and joined this list.

I am a heavy user of Ovation Pro, and yes David still for publishing, and
an excellent tool it is. Like Peter I have had crashes of one, the other
or the machine when OvnPro and Netsurf are running but unlike for Peter
these have been very rare. However I did manage to crash Netsurf yesterday
replying to Peter with Ovation Pro running. To my shame I did not save the
Netsurf log which might throw some light on it.

I have spent some time this afternoon trying to engineer a crash but of
course to no avail. There are some things I can do in Ovation which I know
risk crashing the programme (like moving rotated graphic objects) but this
was the same on the IYO and these seem to be separate issues from things
stiffing Peter's machine.

I suggest that different issues might be in danger of being conflated
which might individually be about different matters, some internal to
Ovation others about Beagle/Panda board machines.

I welcome David's suggestion re issuing a reference ARM7 version as this
is where RISC OS is now and it should help to clarify matters. And many
thanks David for such a valuable publishing tool.

ARMiniX, OP 2.77u, Netsurf 3.2

John

Dr John Hurley
Research, Project Development and Publications for Education