[cryptome] Re: The NSA the only part of government that listens

  • From: "" <shelley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 21:48:55 -0800

They're stirring up FUD as usual, and presenting a false dichotomy of "choice":
&nbsp;either the NSA retains our info, or the telcos (et al) keep it (and
disseminate it to divorce lawyers and LE- don't forget haX0rs could get at it
too!!1!)

How about a 3rd choice: these companies just get rid of it at the end of the
next billing cycle? &nbsp;Let the NSA or LE get a valid warrant for the exact
record of their person of interest- y'know, as the 4th amendment dictates-
during that time.&nbsp;

It's a subject that been discussed at great length here (and/or on cpunks or
libtech, the lines blur.) &nbsp;There is no reason anyone needs to keep these
bulk records for years (several decades, in AT&amp;T's case) when it has been
shown time and again to be ineffective in "catching ter'rists."

But that's not the real reason they want this Stasi-like compendium of our
lives, so don't expect it to stop (despite whatever weak legislation is passed
to assuage we, the rabble.) &nbsp;TIA caused a stir &amp; was just moved under
the radar &amp; put on steroids. &nbsp;This will be no different, especially
with "oversight" from incompetent apologists like Feinstein.

&nbsp;On Nov 4, 2013 9:22 PM, John Hudson &lt;hudson28@xxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:

Anybody catch the interesting logic of today's NSA hearing on civil liberties
and privacy?&nbsp;
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/11/04/top_obama_lawyers_reforming_the_nsa_could_hurt_americans_privacy_rights
On Nov 4, 2013, at 11:20 PM, "" &lt;shelley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:Is the
funny/ironic bit you sending an html email with an inline image, from "email