[cryptome] Re: The NSA the only part of government that listens :)

  • From: Jeremy Compton <j.compton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 17:44:54 +1300

Thats all l was trying to say. But then l dont live in the US, but like many
other nations who knows what the NSA is up to. I think we need a bit more
humour in our lives. :) This does not mean l support them. But, why not make
some humour out of the NSA as the butt of all jokes ? :) for all the things US
nationals despise ?

Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 03:19:07 +0000
From: beacyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cryptome] Re: The NSA the only part of government that listens :)

Through tears, but let’s call it laughing...

Ta.

On 05/11/2013 3:34, Jeremy Compton wrote:

I was sent this and l thought it was hilarious. I think we all need a bit a of
a laugh from time to time. Its good for the soul.

NSA Makes all Email Use Privilege Waiving?

Puzzle me this: If a lawyer conversed with a client in front of a law
enforcement representative, would the conversation be privileged?

 Answer: No.

 Conversations held in the presence of any third party, let alone one
representing the government, would constitute a waiver of privilege.

 Previously on 3Geeks (and perhaps too many times) we have  tackled the subject
of the use of free email services and how that waives privilege. But now the
NSA has upped the ante on the topic, basically spreading it to all email.

 Unless you live under a rock with no wifi, you will be aware that the NSA is
tracking global email communications and storing them in Utah (a nice place to
visit). So, as a lawyer should you now expect that a government agency is
obtaining copies of all of your confidential client communications? If so, you
might want to ....

 Oh never mind. If we actually took this rule seriously, all lawyers would be
encrypting their email communications. And we know they are not and no one is
asking them to do so.

 I withdraw the statement.

You are subscribed to email updates from 3 Geeks and a Law Blog
 To stop receiving these emails, you may  unsubscribe now.

Email delivery powered by Google

♥ ♥ ♥ xb.