[CPT-FGC] Re: [CPT-RPG] Re: Stuff off

  • From: Wynand-Ben Viljoen <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:23:30 +0000

Yeap.

That's what im doing atm.

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:22:40 +0200
Subject: [CPT-FGC] Re: [CPT-RPG] Re: Stuff off
From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmmm, as a workaround can one not do f, hcf instead?

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Wynand-Ben Viljoen <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Wish they would fix it for everybody...

If I finish the QCF that's what I wanted to do.

If I want a DP then ill end it in df.

:(

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 16:51:31 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's a problem in all fighting games where DP has priority of QCF.  They said
they'll fix it for Ryu at least in Ultra.  I don't know about the other chars.

F->QCF results in

forward, down, down-forward, forward

The command interpreter recognizes the first 3 inputs as DP motion, and the
last 3 inputs as the fireball motion.  If you input the sequence within both
commands' leniency window, the interpreter executes the one with the highest
priority.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Wynand-Ben Viljoen <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I just wish they would make

f, qcf.  NOT be a DP.  (That's somewhat a problem in GG aswell actually)

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 16:10:54 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

DP motion is any forward, any down, any forward

If you hold forward and tap down and release you get forward, down-forward,
forward which qualifies as a DP.

There are several commands where they made the DP motion stricter to prevent
accidental overlaps. eg. Ibuki Penguin Kicks, T.Hawk Condor Spire.  Then there
are two that just don't make sense at all.  eg.  b, f, b + K with Fei Long
gives a flame kick.  Gouken has the same issue, but they may have fixed it in
AE2012.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Wynand-Ben Viljoen <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Fuckit SF4 has allot of execution shortcuts...  just noticed that shit when
quickly test running GG again on keyboard.

GG actually requires you to do proper motions, where as SF just fills in the
blanks or something.

Its so easy to miss the down direction during a halfcircle in GG on keyboards.
Getting 4136 instead of 41236 if you don't release 4(back) before pressing
6(forward).
SF it just comes out.  Never miss 'n halfcircle...

Or Shoryu motion in SF

Hold f (Never need to release it).
Tap d
Tap button.
Shoryu comes out.

Do that in GG and you get a normal standing attack.