Re: [cpsig] Re: K1a - 4-8-4 #3101Construction Video

  • From: "Roger Traviss" <rogertra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:32:48 -0800

Having worked a career in Occupational Safety I certainly felt a bit uncomfortable watching the workmen toiling in the foundry. At least one of the workmen held an associate to the side as a large stamped sheet came off the press. I could hardly watch the man holding the cutting tool when they cut off the end of the side rod.

Yep.  No "Nanny State" back then.

Now-a-days we are inundated with Elf & Safety that we are getting to the point of ridiculousness. Still, we are not yet as bad as the UK.

Cheers

Roger T.