[CTS] Re: Ubuntu Review

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:42:40 -0700

You might have to decipher that first sentence! :-)  Been hanging around
Eric for too long now! <g>

I did forget to say that this one does have the key sticker on the side!
:-)  It's not W2k, but....

I'm waiting for the price of the AMD 4200+ to come down in price.
(meaning, it will be awhile), but I do have to buy another video card
for this machine. I miss playing Q2/3! :-(

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:21:01 -0500, "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx> took
time to say the following:

RB> Howz come I never see  you with you taking the same route as me - the alley?
RB>
RB> I did better than that although not free - 4 fully loaded A1280C HP
RB> Visualise workstations with 2gb ram each, dual 1ghz PIII processors (slot
RB> 1), ass kicking video, cdrom (one has burner), 36 gb scsi hard drive, W2k
RB> with actual key sticker on the case, etc. No keyboards, mice or monitors -
RB> $200 for the 4. Got them from a nearby industry as surplus/salvage. Not a
RB> thing wrong with them at all. They used them as graphics and CAD
RB> workstations but their overflowing budget dictated that they blow another
RB> couple thousand each on new ones.
RB>
RB> One to my son for AutoCAD, the other three for the new office. One of the
RB> single PIII's I have (800mhz with 512mb) is going to be a test run for
RB> Ubuntu/Kubuntu (now I need to try both)

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm