[CTS] Re: Ubuntu Review

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:21:01 -0500

Howz come I never see  you with you taking the same route as me - the alley?

I did better than that although not free - 4 fully loaded A1280C HP
Visualise workstations with 2gb ram each, dual 1ghz PIII processors (slot
1), ass kicking video, cdrom (one has burner), 36 gb scsi hard drive, W2k
with actual key sticker on the case, etc. No keyboards, mice or monitors -
$200 for the 4. Got them from a nearby industry as surplus/salvage. Not a
thing wrong with them at all. They used them as graphics and CAD
workstations but their overflowing budget dictated that they blow another
couple thousand each on new ones.

One to my son for AutoCAD, the other three for the new office. One of the
single PIII's I have (800mhz with 512mb) is going to be a test run for
Ubuntu/Kubuntu (now I need to try both)

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm