[CTS] Re: Joe/Screensaver

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:32:19 -0500

Today it's plain old 89 octane - getting a nice sniff of fuel while I pull
the tank on my 84 Ranger - finally got tired of writing down the mileage and
guessing when I'd run out. Thought maybe the typical cracked and full of
fuel sender float might be the problem but found corroded terminals in a
supposedly "waterproof" connection - the gauge, harness and sender are all
AOK - the terminals are shot so a modification was needed and is done - now
I'm covered in dirt and grease (yes while answerinfg emails) putting the
tank back in after a sucessful test of the new wiring for the sender.

Off to the hardware for a bolt and I'm driving knowing where my fuel sits.
Dang 3 gals of gas in a tank is heavy!