[CTS] Re: Joe/Screensaver

  • From: CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:05:57 EDT

Name in vain..would We do that?  Don't answer!!  LOL..Well..I believe I have
plenty of ram..somewhere in the 640 range.  But I'll take into account what
you've told me..and yes..I do believe the screensaver does use a lot of
processor time.  XP is handling it better tho, than 98SE did.
Thanks Russ.....                               Jackie

In a message dated 7/30/2005 12:55:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rhb57@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hey, who's taking my name in vain?

One thing you have to be sure of is if the mobo can support faster than you
have now and that you get the same type socket/slot/etc of processor.  Is it an
Intel cpu and if so what level (PIII, P4, Celeron, etc) or an AMD (K5, K6,
etc)

Part of the slowness can be cured with more ram as well. Sounds like the
screensaver needs too much processor time as well.