[chaoscope] Re: Tutorial: making own color gradients

  • From: Christian Weiß <cweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:57:36 +0200

Hello John, hello all,

I'm not sure if you've recognized that I've posted a link to a freeware tool named Automatic MAP Generator within my tutorial.
I've just recognized that it is hard to detect the link.

So here is the link:
http://saw.altervista.org/map/index.html

This freeware tool allows it to create color maps very easy but it is a bit older.
I'm not sure if it works with Windows XP or Windows 2000.

John Tackman schrieb:
Hi all,

I'm new to chaoscope and to this list, nice to make all your acquantaince :)

Personally, after reading this tutorial I went "oh, it's that simple?" and immediately thought of a way to animate the colors in a static rendering to create a kind of a "flowing" effect..

Did you have a simpler way in mind to do gradients? Keywords for base colors maybe to avoid having to type 255 0 0 for red or did you mean there should be a graphical interface?