[chaoscope] Re: Tutorial: making own color gradients

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:17:10 +0100

Hi Christian, hello all,

first of all thank you very much Christian for your tutorials. Your contribution to the project is extremely valuable. My suggestions for the transparency tutorial:

- Try to get your hands on an English version of Paint Shop Pro if you can to create English screenshots for the English version of the tutorial.
- Use a different color for the background. I think it's too close to the color you've chosen for the Julia set. It's hard to see where the attractor stops and where the background starts. What about a blue sky?
- Use a bigger font? :-)

Von Kessels/Dom:
I don't like arguments, they're bad. They make me a saaaad panda.

Editing .map files manually is the only way you can create your own gradients without resorting to using an external editor. It's also the fastest way to create a gradient as long as you know what you're doing. You will get a fully featured gradient editor in 0.4.

Because of the way Chaoscope merge both gradients together it is very hard to predict the result just by looking at the colors, my advice is to experiment until you find what combinations work best. Keeping it simple helps, i.e. a few highly saturated colors per gradients.

The list is usually quiet, but you're all welcome to advertise your new online gallery, share your tips, project and view settings files, whatever you feel is relevant to Chaoscope.

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez