<CT> Re: ?Stupid? Calmira Questions

  • From: "PC Freak" <pcfreak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:6:33 -0800

>However, it does have its bugs.  It doesn't get along with well with
>my printer driver (I have an Epson Stylus Color 440).  The only way to
>access the driver is to load a copy of Windows without RAM Doubler
>invoked... Otherwise, there is an instant, absolutely fatal GPF under RAM
>Doubler the second
>I click on "Printer Options."

AH! I've had that problem for a long time, but never realized it was because of
RAM Doubler! Wow, that's nice to finally know what the problem is!

Also, if I remember right, the program's readme said something about holding
down a key during startup to prevent Ram Doubler from loading during that
session. I think it may have been shift, but I don't remember for sure...

-PC Freak

PC Freak's WebZone
http://www.pcfwebzone.vze.com

The Calmira iWarp WebRing